Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards

Several weeks ago, I was honored to be tagged for the Thinking Blogger Award by both Nurse Ratched and N=1 over at Universal Health. Continuing this "meme" has been on my back-burner, so to speak, and I am finally taking the time to fulfill my commitment to continue the tradition.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to the original post which gave birth to the awards so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

(Due to my negligible skills with html, I cannot figure out how to display the award, but at least I know I received it and can tell you about it in words.)

Now, for the real work at hand: choosing my five honorees. While Nurse Ratched charged her honorees with choosing five blogs in the nursing/medical blogosphere, I am choosing to abide by the original rules which does not designate a specific category of blogs from which one must choose. While this is a difficult choice to make, my five choices are:

1. Death Maiden: while Death Maiden has not been posting recently, her blog is a veritable treasure trove of thoughtful musings on life and death.

2. Graceful Presence: a blog reflecting Buddhist thought and wisdom from a personal perspective. Simply lovely.

3. The Happystance Project: Tony Plant's UK-based blog promoting his outstanding work and outlook vis-a-vis the spreading of happiness for carers and caregivers worldwide.

4. Adventures with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity---Tales of the Masked Avenger: the Masked Avenger is my hero. She confronts MCS head on---with no apologies---and paves the way for all of us who live with MCS and related conditions. Give that woman a gold star (and a chemical-free world)!

5. Donor Cycle: TC over at Donor Cycle writes about her life as a Transplant Coordinator, an often thankless job which saves lives most every day. She is a hero in my eyes, and worthy of recognition for her work in what some may consider a subterranean sector of healthcare.

Those are my choices, folks, a diverse grouping which encompasses healthcare, Buddhism, chemical sensitivity, and the proliferation of happiness among caregivers. Please pay them a visit, and decide for yourself if these writers set your mind to work.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Shig said...

Keith, thank you so much. Your words are much needed this week and I appreciate the nod, especially from you. I'll let you know when I post...I have a lot of writing in my head and now I have to get busy.

Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much. What an honor. I just started a new palliative care job and am busy growing into my new role. I will try to return the post soon! Thanks again!