Sunday, January 18, 2009

Digital Doorway Celebrates 4 Years!

Well, time flies in the blogging world, my friends, and today Digital Doorway turns four years old! Born in January of 2005 at the suggestion of my ever-supportive older brother, it's hard to believe that this blog has been in existence for so many years, with an average of 250 posts per year.

While this blog has centered mostly around thoughts on nursing, medicine, health care, and my professional experiences in nursing, I have also tried to imbue it with some philosophy, spirituality, notes on American culture, and stories of my own personal life and world. I always hope that the multifaceted nature of my posts is interesting enough for my readers, and although many nurses appear to read Digital Doorway, I also seem to have readers who are not directly connected to medicine or nursing.

Looking back, Digital Doorway has certainly provided me with a wonderful forum for honing my craft of writing, and has actually garnered enough attention to receive several award nominations specifically for bloggers, an honor that I do not take for granted.

Beyond awards, blogging here has indeed brought me paid work as a writer, both online and in print, as well as opportunities to feed this blog to other popular websites. Another version of Digital Doorway runs over at Alensa.com, and everything I write on DD feeds directly to my author page on Wellsphere.com. My online presence as a nurse blogger has also brought me the opportunity to be published in two recent books of non-fiction by nurses recently released by Kaplan Publishing: "Reflections on Doctors" and "Final Moments". Most recently, I am now contributing content as an "Expert Blogger" for BlackDoctor.org, as well. I am also quite content to regularly be included in two venerable and respected blog carnivals of nursing and medicine, Change of Shift and Grand Rounds.

Over all, blogging has been an exhilarating, gratifying and tremendously worthwhile experience. Digital Doorway has taken on a life of its own, and I am personally pleased with its current state of being. While I would love to have more comments and active give and take with readers, I understand that people are very busy, overwhelmed with the amount of information at their fingertips, and I am extremely gratified that anyone at all takes the time to read what I have to say.

Whether you are a regular reader, a first-time visitor, or a reader who wanders by from time to time, I thank you sincerely for visiting Digital Doorway, and I have no doubt that this blog will see many more birthdays as it continues to develop, satisfying both my need to write and (hopefully) your desire to read. It is an honor to blog about my life, work, and place in the world, and I am grateful for all of the company I have had---and will have---along the way.

With gratitude,

Keith

(c) 2009 NurseKeith

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith,
It's been a great pleasure reading your blog.
As a new blogger on the blogosphere block you've been a great compass.
The greatest quality of your blog is reflective of you and how genuine you are.
Looking forward to the coming year.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Keith. You deserve the inclusion, the recognition, the honors, the kudos and more.

Best wishes-

Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

Thank you both! So glad you're out there!

Humbled,

Keith

am said...

Kind wishes to you on your blog's 4th birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. I look forward to more.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 4th! Great up the great work..