Friday, January 01, 2010

2010: Cultivating a New Garden

It's a new year and a new decade, and with 2009 behind me, I am thinking about what qualities I would like to cultivate in this new year. Here is a list of what comes to mind on this blustery January 1st in rural southwestern Georgia:

Patience
Optimal health
Tolerance
Kindness
Eloquence
Service
Clarity
Perseverance
Trust
Faith
Abundance
Compassion
Understanding
Love

This list could go on forever, but the true rebirth of the New Year is in knowing deep within me that all will be well. So often, I walk in fear, worried for the future and fretting about the past, all the while missing out on the glorious present. I want to reject regret, forget about worry, forgive myself for fretting, and simply allow myself to live in the moment and embrace the present for the gift that it truly is. This is one of my greatest growing edges in this life, and my hope is that 2010 will be the year when I finally embrace the challenge and truly "get it". This is my hope, and I am sharing it here in this public venue in order to make it more real, and also to be held accountable as the year progresses.

Happy New Year to all, and may the newness of the year bring myriad blessings upon you and yours.

No comments: