Friday, February 23, 2007

La Meme Chose

Kim over at Emergiblog sent me a "meme" in which I am supposed to list five things I cannot live without as a nurse and one thing that I would covet. While I have never responded to such an invitation before, I thought I'd take a whack at it.

First and foremost, I could not survive as a nurse without my home, my family, my friends, my dog, and my beloved wife and son.
Second, I could not survive without the creative outlet and sanity of blogging.

Third, like Kim, music is one of the saving forces in my life. For me, Brian Eno, Over The Rhine, The Boards of Canada, Busdriver, Radiohead, Bright Eyes, Robert Fripp, and Harold Budd come to mind, but the list goes on and on.......

Fourth, the grace, wit and collective consciousness of my colleagues is no small part of how I survive the vicissitudes of my working life.

Fifth would have to be time: to rest, recreate, rejuvenate, exercise, write, read, and otherwise soothe my bedraggled mind and body.

And what would I covet more than anything else? All of the above are high on my list of coveted life-sustainers, so I will leave it at that. Perhaps I will add to this list in future, as another post or perhaps simply as a comment below.

I will not tag anyone just now. If you read this and are moved to consider what keeps you afloat in these troubled times, give thanks for that awareness and share it if you please.

No comments: