Saturday, January 18, 2014

Digital Doorway is Nine Years Old!

Well folks, time certainly does fly, because today--January 18th, 2014--marks the ninth birthday of Digital Doorway! How did it happen? How have I maintained this blog all these years? I don't rightly know, but I have you, dear Readers, to thank for its success.

Whether I can believe it or not, this is my 1,692nd post on Digital Doorway, and the site has received more than 314,000 visits to date. The numbers amaze even me, and I've been here the whole time!

Nine years later, I still thank my brother, Ken, for suggesting that I start a blog. We were sitting in front of a roaring wood burning stove on a frigid New England evening when he made an off-hand suggestion that I try my hand at this new thing called blogging. Little did we know that that same blog would be alive and well in 2014!

Writing can be a lonely business, but what makes blogging so satisfying is the immediacy of the medium, the feedback that can be received within moments of publishing, and the ways in which the larger blogosphere is populated by so many other talented and supportive fellow bloggers. We nurse bloggers are an especially prolific bunch (not to cast aspersions on the many doctors, therapists and others who also maintain wonderful blogs), and I'm proud to count myself among such an illustrious group.

At any rate, I want to take a moment to thank for your readership. I truly want to take this moment to express my gratitude for your many thoughtful and supportive comments, not to mention the ways in which you show your love and appreciation by sharing my blog posts on Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Google+ and other platforms.

I look forward to another nine years of Digital Doorway, and I especially look forward to next January, when I can celebrate the tenth birthday of this blog and its double-digit status.

Thank you again for your support and enthusiasm!

NurseKeith

No comments: