Monday, December 27, 2010

One Year Wanes, and Another Dawns

Well, dear Readers, yet another year in our lives has slipped through the fingers of time, and we pause to consider our blessings, count our lucky stars, and plan for the New Year ahead.

For me, this has been a year of great and momentous change. As most of you know, in October of 2009, my wife Mary and I sold our house and most of our possessions, left our beloved New England, and hit the open road in a 29-foot mobile home in search of intentional community. We chronicled that journey on our travel blog, Mary and Keith's Excellent Adventure, and in the course of our travels we visited more than 30 intentional communities in seven months.

Since June, we are settled---at least for now---in a lovely cohousing community in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Looking back, we readily acknowledge that everything we set out to accomplish has been realized: we live in a multigenerational intentional community with many like-minded souls, we are nearby to our son and daughter-in-law, our financial lives are more secure, we work less, we play more, and our quality of life is vastly increased. Speaking of counting one's blessings!

While we are uncertain of what the future holds, we currently have good health, a sense of belonging, a new coaching business, and there is a renewed sense in our lives that just about anything is possible.

As a nurse, I have two part-time jobs that are relatively non-stressful, allowing me more time to develop myself as a coach and as a professional writer. The nursing profession has been kind to me, and I relish being able to pick and choose the positions that are most suitable for me.

For this New Year, I wish all of you much success, health, abundance, love, prosperity, and a sense of peace in your hearts. Thank you for making Digital Doorway what it is, and I look forward to celebrating this blog's sixth anniversary with you next month.

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, and my blessings to you and yours, now and always.

NurseKeith

No comments: