Thursday, March 22, 2007

Drawing a Blank

Having not posted for two days, I'm feeling this nagging feeling that I "should" blog. That said, I feel no surge of compelling information or stories to share. Sometimes, the ideas flow without effort, and I madly scribble notes on scraps of paper which I stuff into my pocket to expound upon later. At other times, I send myself emails to archive with ideas for future posts. Still other times, a crystallizing moment arrives and the words spill from my brain to fingers to keyboard to your eyes in a flash.

At this moment, nothing grabs my fatigued mind. I draw a blank. I come up empty. The well feels dry, or at least unyielding to my supplications for inspiration. Sure, I could probably conjure up something if I tried hard enough, squeezing out a pallid story or observation. But for now, I simply allow that well to be in its chosen state as the emotional water-table rises of its own accord. I know, before too long, ideas will flow without effort, words stringing together a picture, an image of life through my eyes.

For now, I choose to sit with this sudden literary muteness, knowing full well that this too shall pass, most likely no later than tomorrow. Til then, be well.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My best blogs never make it to the internet. They are conjured during boring meetings on Tier Letter schedules, and float away into the void of my foggy mind after a long day of work. If there was a way to preserve them, that would be wonderful.