Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Matters Now

What matters now is the sun shining through the window.

What matters now are the people seated here in this room.

What matters now are the ripe raspberries resting so elegantly on the marble block.

What matters now is the snow reflecting the light of the sun.

What matters now is the feeling of my body in the chair.

What matters now is the smell of cranberry bread baking.

What matters now is my feeling that I am in the right place at the right time.

What matters now are the blisters on my left hand from last night’s unfortunate burn.

What matters now is that I feel slightly dizzy.

What matters now is that my body is whole.

What matters now is that I told my brother and sister that I loved them this morning.

What matters now is now.
Post a Comment