Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Found Prayer

I recently came upon a small piece of paper conscientiously and neatly written with prayers. These prayers were obviously written and/or adopted with a medical professional in mind. I’m pretty sure I found it in a magazine that I snatched from some office somewhere. Here it is, verbatim......

“I am created in Divine Light.
I am sustained by Divine Light
I am protected by Divine Light
I am surrounded by Divine Light
I am permeated by Divine Light
I am ever growing into Divine Light

“Divine Mother, open my eyes to see your light.
Open my ears to hear with compassion.
Open my heart to know my patient’s pain.
Open my mind to understand your symbolic messages.
Use my voice to speak with wisdom
That I may be present in consolation,
even as you console me in life’s dark moments.

“Beloved Mother, I am your simple servant.
Use my heart, my mind, my voice.
As I sit today in my office
remove the film from my eyes,
the cotton from my ears,
the distractions from my mind,
the resistance from my heart.

“Lift the veil as I contemplate my patient,
so that I see them sitting there in your love, as your creation.
Keep me ever aware of your presence
in the potentials of this soul before me.

“My patient is created in Divine Light.
My patient is sustained by Divine Light
My patient is protected by Divine Light
My patient is surrounded by Divine Light
My patient is permeated by Divine Light
My patient is ever growing into Divine Light

“Be manifest in all we do.”
Post a Comment