Sunday, March 06, 2005

Week's Eve

Sunday evening, a relaxing and wonderful weekend behind us: live music on Friday night; no use of a car from Friday night until Sunday afternoon; some spontaneous and some planned socializing; laundry and household chores; telephone chats with family and friends; a movie today (Million Dollar Baby---mixed reviews, really); and a fascinating show on the National Geographic Channel tonight with new amazing footage of fetal development inside the womb.

Mary is asleep on the living room futon, a yellow smiley-face pillow under her head. Sparkey and Tina are sacked out on the floor in front of the woodstove, and the house and its silence surround me. I put two more logs on the fire and clean up the kitchen. I work on my lecture for Tuesday night---blood transfusions.

So many things to be grateful for. So many reasons to feel blessed and lucky. Very little excuse for dreading Monday morning and the week to come.

I practice being in the present moment. Here I am and it is right now. This is it.
Post a Comment