Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Just a Wee Bit Off

Today was one of those days when it seems it would have been a wise choice to stay in bed with a cup of tea and a good book. Nothing went terribly wrong, mind you, but it was a day of awkward energy, clumsiness, everything feeling just a wee bit off, as they say.

Throughout the day, I couldn't put my finger on it and did my best to shift the current of the day---and there were some moments when the veil seemed temporarily lifted---but overall, there was a subtle undercurrent that just could not be overcome completely. Astologically speaking, was the moon void of course? Was Mercury in retrograde? Were my asteroids akimbo? I can't say, really, but I know something was not right.

Last Thursday night, I had a flat tire, and some esoterically minded folks would say that it had to do with my sense of feeling deflated. (No pun intended. I think.) But tonight, a good friend called me from nearby--she had a flat tire and was just stultified as to what to do. It was cold and dark, and I think changing a tire seemed beyond her in that moment. It took me a few minutes to get there--it was actually on the way to my haircut appointment anyway---and I was able to alter her reality in a flash. The relief on her face was enough to make anyone's day, and it felt like that moment of service to another was the shift I needed. Things were changing along my path with little effort.

After my haircut, I bought some groceries and came home to blog and do some schoolwork. Accidentally dropping the grocery bag on the icy walk, I found a lovely and sticky puddle of honey on the bottom of the bag when I went to put away my groceries. (Didn't I spill about two cups of honey all over the stove last week, I ask myself? And didn't I puncture a small paper bag of Quinoa ( on the top cupboard shelf two weeks ago and spill thousands of little round grains all over the kitchen, the remnants of which can still be found amongst the boxes of herbal tea?)

Note to self: be more careful and circumspect, and consider a day off to read and drink tea soon. Not a bad idea.
Post a Comment