Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Birth of a Blog

This blog was born in thought on January 17, 2005, at the suggestion of my older brother, Ken Carlson, of Princeton, New Jersey, a fire roaring in the woodstove on a cold New England night. It came into actual digital form on January 18, 2005, my small grey dog, Tina, snoring to my left on the futon, my 12-year-old hound-dog, Sparkey, dreaming on the floor at my feet, and my lovely wife, Mary Rives, seated to my right, typing an email on our other laptop, frequently interjecting a question or comment. Many a chilly winter night, if you were to peek through our drawn curtains, you would see such a scene: two humans with laptops busily typing, the orange glow of the woodstove, and two canines resigned to their dreamy repose.The purpose of this blog is to allow myself a creative, albeit public, space, in which to publish my thoughts, drawings, photographs, and writings, and to allow others to react to those postings as they see fit. This is a unique venture for me, one which I hope will allow a new venue for creative expression and thoughtful (or thoughtless) reverie. I hope you find it interesting.

Post a Comment